Integrating with Zendesk
Please Note: Only the Account Owner and repository admins are allowed to activate integrations.
Beanstalk can integrate with your Zendesk account and allow you to easily update your Zendesk tickets.
How to set up integration
After you have created your Beanstalk account, and created your repository, you can integrate the repository with Zendesk.
In order to integrate Zendesk with Beanstalk, you need to enable Zendesk integration within your repository. To do this, go to your Repository, then Setup → Integration → Zendesk. To get started with the setup:
- Enter your Zendesk account domain, the email address and password you use to sign into Zendesk.
- Choose the Beanstalk users and corresponding users from Zendesk. If you do a commit from a Beanstalk user which has a corresponding user in Zendesk, you will see that the ticket is updated by the corresponding user. If the corresponding user was not chosen, the ticket is updated by the Zendesk account owner.
- Verify your settings are correct, then select Activate. You will be able to change your settings or deactivate at any time.
How to use the integration
Once you have setup integration with Beanstalk and Zendesk, you can add keywords to your commit messages that will update tickets in Zendesk. For example:
Prototype new feature [#15 state:resolve]
[#15] will add this commit message as a comment to ticket #15, link to the changeset and change the state. You can also change various properties.
You can use additional tags to edit or manipulate cases as well. For example:
New feature is implemented and tested [#15 state:resolve assign:chris]
This commit message will set the responsible user and change the state of the ticket in Zendesk.
Check out the list of example tags, which can be used:
Example Zendesk tags
- # - Associated a ticket with a commit.
- state - Change status of the ticket. Can be either close, resolve, open, pending.
- assign - Assign a ticket to a specific person.