Choosing your Subversion client
The Subversion client allows you to work with your repositories on your local machine. You will be able to commit data to your repositories and checkout the data others have committed. There are many clients to choose from. Here are some of our recommendations:
- Cornerstone 3 (Recently updated)
- Command Line - Read our article
- svnX (free)
- Syncro SVN
- Coda for Mac
- Dreamweaver - Check out this great post about integrating Dreamweaver with Subversion.
- Subclipse - plug-in providing support for Subversion within the Eclipse IDE.
- VisualSVN - VisualSVN is a Microsoft Visual Studio Plugin for seamless integration with Subversion.
- Ankhsvn - AnkhSVN is a Subversion SourceControl Provider for Visual Studio.